All the nutrients you need for a healthy day
It takes only half an hour to prepare this delicious vegetable dish made from zucchini, avocado, and quinoa, and in just one bowl, you will get a wealth of minerals and vitamins.
The meal is perfect for anyone who takes care of their health. Quinoa contains high amounts of calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron, fiber, vitamins B and E. It has an extremely low glycemic index, making it an excellent choice for people who have problems with blood sugar and excess weight. It’s also rich in amino acid lysine, which promotes tissue growth and recovery.
Also, nutmeg has low calorie and significant nutritional value. Only one cup of nutmeg contains as much as 145 percent of the recommended daily dose of Vitamin A. It is one of the richest natural sources of alpha and beta-carotene, which are essential for good vision. It also contains healthy omega 3 fats that aren’t easy to find in vegetables.
Ingredients (serving size – 4 people):
– 250 g quinoa
– 250 g of fresh nutmegs sliced
– 1 medium-sized squash, chopped
– 3-4 carrots cut into noodles or rings
– 1 smaller red onion, cut into thin rings
– 200 g of cherry tomatoes cut in half
– 1 avocado, cut into slices
– 2 garlic cloves
– 1 tablespoon of olive oil
– 1 tablespoon of butter
– Salt and pepper
1. Put the quinoa in cold water. When it boils, allow the quinoa to simmer for 10-20 minutes.
2. Pre-heat olive oil and butter in a grill pan over medium heat. Add shredded nutmeg, carrot, tomato, zucchini, onion, and garlic — grill for ten minutes with occasional stirring.
3. Take one quarter of grilled vegetables and one cup of cooked quinoa for one serving. Pour into a bowl and place a quarter of the chopped avocado over.