If a cookie and a brownie had a baby, it'd be a chocolate crinkle.
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups white sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup confectioners' sugar
- In a medium bowl, mix the cocoa, white sugar, and vegetable oil together. Beat one egg at a time into the mix, then stir in the vanilla extract. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir the flour mixture into the cocoa mixture to make the dough. Cover that dough let it chill for at least 4 hours.
- Turn the oven up to 350 F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Using a scoop, roll the dough into one inch balls. Coat each ball in the sugar, then place them on the prepped sheet. You're likely going to have a lot of dough, so you might need to prep an additional cookie sheet.
- Bake your sheet(s) in the oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Let the cookies stand on the sheet for a minute, then transfer them to wire racks to cool.