Roasted Beets and Sweet Potatoes
Beets and sweet potatoes make for a delightfully sweet lunch.
- 6 medium beets peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 medium sweet potatoes cut into chunks
- 1 large sweet onion chopped
- Turn the oven up to 400 F.
- Toss the beets with 1/2 a tablespoon of the olive oil in a bowl to coat. Spread them out on a baking sheet.
- Mix the remaining olive oil with the garlic powder, salt, pepper, and sugar in a big plastic bag with a seal. Place the potatoes and onion in the bag, seal it up, and shake the veggies around to give them a good coating in the oil mixture.
- Bake the prepped beets for 15 minutes in the oven. Mix the prepped sweet potato mixture with the beets on the same baking sheet, then resume baking for another 45 minutes, stirring them around after 20 minutes, until all of the veggies are tender.