This chicken is baked instead of fried, and covered in a delicious honey sauce.
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pound chicken breast cut into 1-inch cubes
- Mix the honey, ketchup, olive oil, sesame seeds, soy sauce, lemon juice, Sriracha sauce, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and ginger in a bowl until it's a well-combined sauce. Throw in the chicken pieces and toss 'em around to get a nice coating. Put a cover on the bowl and let it chill in the fridge for 2 to 6 hours.
- Turn the oven up to 350 F.
- Move the chicken and sauce into an oven-safe dish.
- Bake the chicken for 8 minutes. Take the dish out of the oven and turn the pieces over, then continue baking until the chicken loses its pink in the center and the juices run clear, another 5 to 8 minutes. Stick a meat thermometer into a piece; if you've got 165 F, you're good.