Chrissy Tiegan's Mexican Street Corn Recipe
This recipe is easy for a simple side or a snack, not to mention they're also great for parties. A great side dish for a Mexican cuisine dinner.
- BBQ Grill
- Cast Iron Skillet
- Food Processor
- 4 ear Corn (shucked and cut in half)
- 1/2 cup Cotija Cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 dash Cayenne
- Cilantro and Lime (for garnish)
- Shuck corn and cut ears in half in the middle, making two small pieces the same size.
- Coat corn with olive oil, then sprinkle with salt.
- Place cheese in a food processor on pulse mode until it creates a fine crumble.
- Mix the cheeses and place on a plate, then add a sprinkle of pepper and set aside.
- On high heat, cook the corn on an cast iron skillet for cooking indoors or a BBQ if you're cooking on the grill.
- Place the corn on the grill or skillet for 10-12 minutes while rotating every 2-3 minutes.
- Once the corn is cooked evenly, remove from heat and get the plate of cheese mix ready.
- Quickly coat the corn with mayonnaise using a light brush.
- Start rolling each piece of corn in the cheese mixture.
- For a spicy option, sprinkle the corn with cayenne or other preferred spices.
- Serve and enjoy!