As great as street vendor-style corn is, you can’t always get the real thing. Good thing you can make a convincing lookalike at home!
- 1 Lime (cut into 8 wedges)
- 3/4 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano Cheese (finely grated)
- 1/4 cup Fresh Cilantro Leaves (freshly chopped)
- 3/4/ cup Cotija Cheese (crumbled)
- Cayenne Pepper (for taste)
- 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tbsps Mayonnaise
- 4 ears Corn (husked and halved)
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
Heat a cast-iron skillet on high.
Combine the cotija and parmesan with the black pepper in a dish.
Lay out the corn pieces on a clean surface, then use a cooking brush to brush oil onto it.
Fit as many pieces of corn possible into the skillet, then salt to taste.
Turn the corn over every two minutes to keep things even. Do this for 8 minutes.
While the corn is still hot, brush a little bit of mayonnaise over them, then roll them in the cheese mixture from step 2. Sprinkle on the cayenne pepper to taste.
When all the corn is prepared, serve on a platter garnished with cilantro and lime wedges.