Spanish seafood soup is healthy, amazingly delicious, and you don’t have to a top chef to make it!
Whitefish, olive oils, tomatoes, and plenty of spices with nutrients and good fats can be a perfect entree for a dinner party or a healthy family meal. Authentic Mediterranean dish, Sopa de Mariscos, gives you enough space to get creative, add your favorite spices and tastes. The great thing about recipes from the Mediterranean is that you don’t have to follow them so carefully, as long as you enjoy preparing meals and have some idea about mixing textures and flavors.
Ingredients for 4 people
– A handful of saffron
– 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
– 1 onion
– 3 cloves of garlic
– 1 chili pepper
– 1 teaspoon of hot peppers
– 100 ml of white wine
– 400 g tomato
– 250 g of white fish fillets
– 250 g of shrimp cleaned
– 250 g of purified squid
– 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
– Pinch of salt
– 1 spoon of black pepper ground
– Freshly chopped parsley
1. Soak saffron in stock for 10 minutes. During this time, heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat and saute the finely chopped onions with constant stirring.
2. Add the chopped garlic, chili, and pepper and stir for approximately 1 minute. Pour in the white wine and continue to cook, occasionally stirring (2-3 minutes) until the water evaporates.
3. Then add the saffron mixture and sliced tomatoes. Let it boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Add sliced squid, prawns and fish fillets sliced into smaller pieces. Cook for 10-15 minutes until seafood is cooked through.
5. Mix in the lemon juice, spring with salt and pepper.
6. Serve the soup with parsley and enjoy!